Dating stangl dishes

01 Feb

Stangl Pottery was founded in 1929, in Flemington, New Jersey, by Martin Stangl.It was first known as Fulper Pottery, who Stangl started working for in 1910. In 1928, William Fulper died, and Stangl changed the company name to Stangl Pottery a year later, in 1929.Martin Stangl died in 1972 and the pottery was bought by Frank Wheaton, Jr.In 1978, Pfaltzgraff bought the Stangl trademark and liquidated the remaining inventory.The origins of Stangl pottery are somewhat uncertain.Some sources date the opening of Stangl’s precursor, Hill Pottery, at 1805, others say 1814.Begin van een dialoogscherm, inclusief navigatie met tabs om een account aan te maken of op een bestaand account aan te melden.Zowel registratie als aanmelding ondersteunen het gebruik van Google en Facebook accounts.

Click Here to see over 5,000 Stangl Pottery items at e Bay!

By the 1860s, the company had been acquired by Abram Fulper, who continued in the utilitarian pottery business, but produced primarily stoneware, rather than earthenware. Fulper II was responsible for the development and introduction of Fulper Pottery Co.'s now renowned Vasekraft art pottery in 1909.

By 1900, the company, now Fulper Pottery Co., was under the direction of William H. In 1910, he hired ceramic engineer Martin Stangl to develop new Fulper Pottery shapes and glazes.

The secretary and treasurer of the company was William Hill Fulper II, grandson of Abram, at that time.

The company produced more household items such as storage jars and Fire-Proof Cookware during this period, according to Stangl